Parish of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St Andrews & Edinburgh, a Charity registered in Scotland—number SC008540
Fr Leo's installation as Canon took place on 2nd October 2007.
Photograph courtesy of Falkirk Herald
As a priest Canon Leo Glancy has lived a varied and exciting vocation, involved in the establishment of new parishes, serving in the missions and working closely with people with special needs.
Born in Musselburgh in 1939, Fr Leo attended St Mary's Primary and St Modan's High, Stirling, before joining the seminary at Blairs in Aberdeen and St Andrew's Drygrange.
Following his ordination at St Mary's Cathedral, Edinburgh he then served in his first parish, St Francis Xavier's Falkirk, before moving to Nigeria where as part of a team, he helped established two parishes, building churches in Gombe and Billiri.
Returning to Scotland in 1976, Canon Leo has sinced served as assistant and parish priest in parishes throughout St Andrew and Edinburgh, as spiritual director at Gillis College, Edinburgh and Vicar Episcopal for Missionary Awareness.
At Christ the King and Sacred Heart, the newly merged parish in Grangemouth, he has also works with the Scottish Catholic Deaf Association.
On Sunday 3rd April Canon Leo was installed as an Honorary Member of the KNIGHTS OF ST COLUMBA .